Use this service to tell HMRC about exports that you did not notify through CHIEF when they arrived or left the UK port.
Before you start
You can use this service to tell HMRC when your goods:
- arrive at a UK port which does not have CHIEF facilities
- depart from a UK port which does not have CHIEF facilities
- are exported directly, and you did not get clearance from HMRC in advance
What you’ll need
To use this service, you need a Government Gateway user ID and password.
You’ll need to subscribe the first time you use the service. If you do not have a user ID, you can create one the first time you tell us that goods have arrived or left the UK port.
You’ll also need:
- HMRC approval to arrive and depart goods
- the Declaration Unique Consignment Reference (DUCR)
- the Master Unique Consignment Reference (MUCR) if your goods were consolidated into a bigger consignment
- details of where you’re sending the export to and from
You must complete one of the following forms online, save a copy and upload it to the online service:
- arrive at a UK port which does not have CHIEF facilities (C1601)
- depart a UK port which does not have CHIEF facilities (C1602)
- are exported directly, and you did not get clearance from HMRC in advance (C1603)
You cannot use C1603 for indirect exports through an EU country, contact the Export Control System Helpdesk if you have any issues with indirect exports on: email@example.com.
You’ll need to upload all the paperwork that supports your declaration, for example:
- any licences or certificates
- evidence of the goods’ value
- a packing list of the items included
- proof of origin certificates
Email HMRC to ask for these forms in Welsh (Cymraeg).
Sending your documents
Online services may be slow during busy times. Check if there are any problems with this service.