Amend import or export licence declarations (C1700)

Use form C1700 to amend your import or export licence declarations.


Notice of amendment to an import or export licence declaration (C1700)

Read the accessibility statement for HMRC forms


Use this form if you need to amend your import or export licence declarations.

If you’re amending an export licence declaration you should check if you need to complete an online C81 amendment.

You can contact the helpdesk on 03000 594 231 or send an email to

Email HMRC to ask for this form in Welsh (Cymraeg).

Before you start

Make sure your browser is up to date.

You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You cannot save a partly completed form so we suggest you gather all your information together before you begin to fill it in.

Published 1 October 2014
Last updated 18 December 2023 + show all updates
  1. Contact details have been added for the Intrastat enquiries team.

  2. Information has been added to explain that you must complete an online C81 amendment if you're amending an export licence declaration.

  3. First published.