Analysis which has informed the socio-economics assessment for Phase One of HS2.
These documents have been published as part of the HS2 Phase One environmental statement for the route between London and the West Midlands. The environmental statement was produced to accompany the HS2 Phase One hybrid Bill.
- presents the baseline business and labour market data that has informed the socio-economic assessments described in the volume 2 community forum area (CFA) reports
- it sets out socio-economic data with respect to employment, economic structure and labour market for each CFA
- provides, where relevant, a business and labour market profile of local communities along the route using demographic character data
- provides data at borough/district, regional and national levels for comparison
- contains maps identifying significantly affected socio-economic resources and the demographic character areas within each CFA
Related HS2 Phase One environmental statement documents
Further documents are also available:
- HS2 Phase One environmental statement: documents
- HS2 Phase One environmental statement: glossary and abbreviations
- HS2 Phase One hybrid Bill
Some of the information in our report has been grouped according to CFA. A map depicting each CFA along the route is available in the Introduction to the environmental statement. *[CFA]: Community Forum Area *[CFAs]: Community Forum Areas *[HS2]: High Speed Two