Lasers, intense light source systems and LEDs
- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
- Part of:
- Medical devices: safety guidance and Patient safety
- 1 September 2015
Guidance for safe use in medical, surgical, dental and aesthetic practices
Lasers, intense light source systems and LEDs: guidance for safe use in medical, surgical, dental and aesthetic practices
PDF, 737KB, 79 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This guidance document covers:
- medical lasers
- light emitting diodes (LEDs)
- intense light/heat sources, referred to as intense pulsed light (IPL) (sources).
- equipment used in conjunction with the optical radiation equipment, such as optical fibres.
It excludes non-laser, non-IPL and UV treatment sources.
Published: 1 September 2015