The Good Work Plan sets out:
- our vision for the future of the UK labour market
- how the government will implement the recommendations arising from the Taylor Review of Modern Working Practices.
In July 2017 Matthew Taylor published the independent Taylor Review of Modern Working Practices, which looked into the issues in our labour market such as:
- the implications of new forms of work
- the rise of digital platforms
- impacts of new working models
The review made 53 recommendations to government. In February 2018 the government published a full response, accepting a vast majority of the recommendations.
Alongside the response the government also launched 4 consultations to seek stakeholder views on approach to implementation:
The Good Work Plan draws on the feedback from these consultations.
Following a commission from government, we are also publishing the Low Pay Commission’s advice on the scale and nature of one-sided flexibility and options to address the issue.