Get a copy of a finding of fact of domestic violence

Use this sample letter to get evidence that you've been abused by a partner, if you're applying for legal aid for a divorce or separation.



If a judge in a non-criminal court decides that domestic violence has happened, it’s called a finding of fact.

The court should send you a copy of the court order with the finding of fact. To get another copy of the court order, you should:

A copy of the order costs £5, but you may be able to get help with the fee.

You can use the evidence to apply for legal aid to divorce or separate from an abusive partner.

Published 19 December 2014