Rules and regulations for all pre-reform A levels and AS qualifications.
Ref: Ofqual/17/6281 PDF, 845KB, 60 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
These publications set out rules for all pre-reform AS and A levels.
They do not apply to any of the reformed AS and A levels.
Read the associated guidance to understand how to comply with these rules.
Published: 2 September 2013
Updated: 19 September 2017
- Removed expired transitional provisions
- Incorporated requirements for key dates. Added link to published notices.
- Corrected errors from originally published version.
- Published requirements for key dates for reviews of marking, reviews of moderation and appeals.
- Updated following introduction of our rules for enquiries and appeals
- Added regulations for review and appeals.
- Added new requirements for setting standards
- Updated to allow first award of new mathematics A level in 2018
- Published new edition of document which updates the list of qualifications it applies to.
- First published.