This joint contingency plan is in place to deal with any major disruption that may affect exam candidates.
The joint contingency plan is designed to ensure a consistent and effective response to any major disruption to the examination system in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Disruptions could include severe weather, widespread illness, travel disruption or system failures.
The plan is jointly owned by:
- the Department for Education
- the Welsh Government
- the Department of Education Northern Ireland
- the Council for the Curriculum, Examinations and Assessment (CCEA)
- the Joint Council for Qualifications
- the Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS)
- awarding organisations including AQA, City & Guilds, Oxford, Cambridge and RSA (OCR), Pearson, Vocational Training Charitable Trust (VTCT) and WJEC.