Get a licence to trap edible dormice for health and safety and other purposes (licence CL02).
PDF, 181KB, 5 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This licence allows you to trap edible dormice (also known as fat dormice) to preserve public health and safety and to prevent serious damage to crops, fruit, timber and other property. It allows you to use the following methods:
- appropriate live capture traps
- approved spring traps
Note that edible dormice that are captured alive mustn’t be released into the wild and must be humanely killed.
Register to use this licence
This is a class licence. You need to notify Natural England in writing that you wish to use it. Write to or email:
Telephone 020 802 61089
How to report your actions
You must send an annual record of all edible dormice captured under this licence to Natural England by 31 January each year. Doing this also renews your registration to use this licence.
Published: 6 October 2014
Updated: 1 January 2017
- Annual licence update 2017.
- Replaced licence with new version issued on 1 January 2016.
- Added revised version of licence. Change to requirements for applicants under note 'g' and information on protected sites under note 'v'.
- Updated class licence. New version valid from 1 January to 31 December 2015.
- First published.