Ship owners' form for electronic email applications to MCA for certification of evidence of bunker, tanker or passenger liability insurance.
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Further information concerning the electronic application
Please note we are currently experiencing an increased number of applications due to the insurance renewal period. Any applications for non-UK registered vessels received on or after the 1st February 2017 are unlikely to be completed before the 20th February. If you require your certificates before the 20th February, we recommend you apply to another state party to the relevant convention.
Not all the functions of this form will necessarily work in all internet browsers. If this should be the case, please download the form and open the downloaded file in Adobe Reader.
- For Windows devices; right click on the document link and select “save target/link as”.
- For Apple devices; press the ctrl(control key), then click the mouse and select “save target as” / “ Download link file”.
- Mobile devices; interactive forms may not work on smartphones or tablets. Please use a computer to complete the electronic application instead.
The 4 types of certificate are:
- BCLC - Bunker Convention 2001
- CLC - Civil Liability Convention 1992 (Tankers)
- PAL - Athens Protocol 2002 and Regulation (EC) 392/2009
- NWRC - Nairobi Convention on the Removal of Wrecks 2007
The application can be used to apply for one or more of these civil liability certificates.
- Download the electronic ‘application form for a UK compulsory insurance certificate - MSF 3241
- Complete all 3 pages of the form on your computer and click the “submit via email” button. The form will then convert the data into an XML file.
- Please follow the prompts in order to attach the XML file to an email and also attach your Blue Cards, and any other supporting documents to this email.
- Email your XML application form and any supporting documents to CLCApplications@mcga.gov.uk.
If you have any problems, please refer to the instructions above. If a problem still exists, please contact us;
Tel: +44 (0) 2038 172 240
Published: 17 April 2014
Updated: 8 September 2017
- Updated MSF form
- Please note we are currently experiencing an increased number of applications due to the insurance renewal period. Any applications for non-UK registered vessels received on or after the 1st February 2017 are unlikely to be completed before the 20th February. If you require your certificates before the 20th February, we recommend you apply to another state party to the relevant convention.
- Updated CLC contact number
- Updated MSF 3241 rev 1115: e-Application for UK compulsory insurance certificate
- Updated; Application form completion guidance and information concerning the UK criteria for approval of insurers.
- Updated; e-application MSF 3241 download and completion guidance.
- Amended date of application after which certificates cannot be guranteed for 14 April 2015.
- Advice about processing applications added 14 March 2015
- Download Problem; We are aware that the form MSF 3241 appears to be incompatible with Google Chrome. Please try again using an alternative internet browser.
- Updated for new version of MSF 3241 for use from 1 February 2015
- Updated for MSF 3241 Revision 06/14
- First published.