Ship owners' form for electronic email applications to MCA for certification of evidence of bunker, tanker or passenger liability insurance.
Further information concerning the electronic application
Not all the functions of this form will necessarily work in all internet browsers. If this should be the case, please download the form and open the downloaded file in Adobe Reader.
- For Windows devices; right click on the document link and select “save target/link as”.
- For Apple devices; press the ctrl(control key), then click the mouse and select “save target as” / “ Download link file”.
- Mobile devices; interactive forms may not work on smartphones or tablets. Please use a computer to complete the electronic application instead.
The 4 types of certificate are:
- BCLC - Bunker Convention 2001
- CLC - Civil Liability Convention 1992 (Tankers)
- PAL - Athens Protocol 2002 and Regulation (EC) 392/2009
- NWRC - Nairobi Convention on the Removal of Wrecks 2007
The application can be used to apply for one or more of these civil liability certificates.
- Download the electronic ‘application form for a UK compulsory insurance certificate - MSF 3241
- Complete all 3 pages of the form on your computer and click the “submit via email” button. The form will then convert the data into an XML file.
- Please follow the prompts in order to attach the XML file to an email and also attach your Blue Cards, and any other supporting documents to this email.
- Email your XML application form and any supporting documents to CLCApplications@mcga.gov.uk.
If you have any problems, please refer to the instructions above. If a problem still exists, please contact us;
Tel: +44 (0) 2038 172 240