Suggested privacy notices for schools and local authorities to issue to staff, parents and pupils for the collection of data.
These are only suggested examples of privacy notice text, and we recommend you seek independent legal advice to understand your full responsibilities and obligations under the Data Protection Act (1998).
Privacy notices can be issued in a number of ways, for example:
- as part of a school brochure or induction pack or in a school diary
- on the school notice board
- as part of a staff contract or induction pack
- on the staff notice board
- on the school or local authority website
A child receiving social care services or a looked-after child could receive their privacy notice with information about the services they are being offered.