This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Statement by government and the insurance industry on helping UK businesses manage cyber risk.
Leading UK insurers and Cabinet Office, UK Trade & Investment, Department for Business, Innovation & Skills, and GCHQ agreed this joint statement at a November 2014 summit to:
- highlight the risk to UK business posed by cyber attack
- recognise the role insurers can play in driving improvements in cyber security risk management
- commit industry and government to closer working to develop the UK’s cyber insurance market for this purpose
- support the growth of a cyber insurance market in the UK
- announce the establishment of working groups to focus on key issues and report emerging conclusions back to the Cabinet Office in April 2015