Claims management companies: who needs to be authorised

Find out which businesses need to be authorised, which are exempt and what services are covered by the regulator.

This publication was withdrawn on

This page has been withdrawn because it’s out of date. Responsibility for the regulation of Claims Management Companies has been taken over by the Financial Conduct Authority.



Guidance from the Claims Management Regulator to help you understand if you need to apply for authorisation as a claims management company.

It contains details of:

  • the sectors covered by claims management regulation
  • services that are regulated
  • which businesses are exempt
  • introducers acting as referrers

Find out how to apply for authorisation.

Published 1 September 2013