We’re a unit of the Ministry of Justice and we regulate the companies that offer a service for people hoping to claim compensation for:
- personal injury
- mis-sold financial products and services
- employment and redundancy
- criminal injury
- industrial injury
- housing disrepair
Within England and Wales, we’re responsible for:
- licensing firms and individuals to provide claims management services
- taking action when a regulated firm breaks the Conduct of Authorised Persons Rules
- carrying out regulatory and criminal investigations
- providing guidance and advice to consumers, organisations and regulated firms
- leading policy reform for the claims management regulatory system
- increasing consumers’ awareness of the charges firms can make
- dealing with unauthorised companies offering claims management services
Authorised business register
Search our list of authorised claims management companies (CMCs) to check a claims company’s registration
Guidance for consumers
As a client or prospective client of a claims company you can:
- read our guidance on how to claim compensation for personal injury or financial loss
- find out how to complain about a claims company.
Regulatory guidance for claims management companies
- view the rules, regulations and guidance for authorised claims management companies CMCs
- read the bulletins for CMCs
Apply for or renew your authorisation
apply for or renew your authorisation to offer claims management services
News and alerts
View our list of live investigations and enforcement actions taken against CMCs in breach of the rules.
Read our latest report summarising the action taken against CMCs in breach of the rules.
Read our latest press releases.
Reports and consultations
A public consultation on proposed measures to reduce costs for consumers by capping CMCs fees will be launched in early 2016.
Telephone: 0333 200 0110
Telephone: 0333 200 1321
Claims Management Regulation Unit
57-60 High Street
We can deal with complaints about the service we have provided - for example, if you feel we have not treated you fairly or we took too long to deal with your case. Use the