We work to protect and promote the interests of consumers and the public, and to ensure that the firms we regulate understand and comply with the conditions of their authorisation.
We’re a unit of the Ministry of Justice and we regulate the companies that offer a service for people hoping to claim compensation for:
- Personal injury
- Mis-sold financial products and services
- Employment and redundancy
- Criminal injury
- Industrial injury
- Housing disrepair
Within England and Wales, we’re responsible for:
- Licensing firms and individuals to provide claims management services
- Taking action when a regulated firm breaks the Conduct of Authorised Persons Rules
- Carrying out regulatory and criminal investigations
- Providing guidance and advice to consumers, organisations and regulated firms
- Leading policy reform for the claims management regulatory system
- Increasing consumers’ awareness of the charges firms can make
- Dealing with unauthorised companies offering claims management services
Authorised business register
Search our list of authorised claims management companies (CMCs) to check a claims company’s registration
News and updates
- View our latest publications and news
- Read our quarterly enforcement update summarising the action taken against CMCs in breach of the rules
- View our list of recent enforcement actions and live investigations
- Read our latest press releases and news stories.
Guidance for claims management companies
- Apply for or renew your authorisation to offer claims management services
- Check if your company needs authorisation
- View the rules, regulations and guidance for authorised claims management companies CMCs
- Read our bulletins for guidance and advice on important issues facing CMCs
Guidance for consumers
As a client or prospective client of a claims company you can:
- Read our guidance on how to claim compensation for personal injury or financial loss
- Find out how to complain about a claims company.
Reports and consultations
View our publications:
- Annual reports
- Consultations (open)
- Consultations (closed)
- Claims Management Regulator: 10th anniversary report – 2017
- Independent review of claims management regulation – 2016
- Business impact target assurance statement
Telephone: 0333 200 0110
We are aware that scammers are calling individuals and making it misleadingly appear that the call is coming from our general enquiry line - 0333 200 0110 when it is not. The scammers are advising that a PPI refund is due and trying to sell an insurance policy to cover the cost of fees in order to gain access to bank details.
If you have fallen victim to this scam and have paid money, contact your bank immediately, then report the details to Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 or via their website: www.actionfraud.police.uk.
If you need further advice or explanation from the Claims Management Regulation Unit, you can then contact us on 0333 200 0110.
Telephone: 0333 200 1321
Claims Management Regulation Unit
57-60 High Street
We can deal with complaints about the service we have provided - for example, if you feel we have not treated you fairly or we took too long to deal with your case. Use the
Please see our privacy notice