Statutory guidance for local authorities about family and friends providing care for children who cannot live with their parents.
This statutory guidance is for local authorities (LAs) and their staff.
It sets out the duties of LAs in the Children Act 1989 regarding children and young people who, because they are unable to live with their parents, are being brought up by
- members of their extended families
- other people who are connected with them
Related statutory guidance
- Volume 1 - Children Act 1989: court orders
- Volume 2 - Children Act 1989: care planning, placement and case review
- Volume 3 - Children Act 1989: planning transition to adulthood for care leavers
- Volume 4 - Children Act 1989: fostering services
- Volume 5 - Children Act 1989: children’s homes