Departmental advice for children’s homes providers and their partners following amendments to the Children’s Homes Regulations 2001.
This departmental advice is for:
- children’s homes providers and managers
- potential providers of new children’s homes
- local children’s services, police services and others who may be contacted in relation to a children’s home location assessment
- social care students and training providers
This advice follows amendments to the Children’s Homes Regulations 2001, which came into effect in January and April 2014.
It includes information on:
- location assessment
- independent monitoring visits under regulation 33
- relevant qualifications for care staff working in children’s homes