Each of our CAP Reform Countdown leaflets is designed to be read as part of a series of updates and to build on the one before it. When full guidance for each of the CAP schemes is published, it will replace some of what’s in these leaflets.
You can find a list of published guidance – covering Basic Payment Scheme and Rural Development Programme schemes – at www.gov.uk/cap-reform.
This August update on CAP Reform follows ‘an introduction to the Common Agricultural Policy schemes in England’, published in April 2014.
This update contains latest news about the Basic Payment Scheme and Rural Development Programme, including:
- changes to cross compliance
- a new environmental land management scheme
- the CAP Information Service
- crop diversification rules and exemptions
- exemptions from the Ecological Focus Area rules
- how to calculate Ecological Area requirements
Alongside the leaflet we’ve published tables showing which Statutory Management Requirements (SMRs) and Good Agricultural and Environmental Conditions (GAECs) will apply from 2015 onwards.
More information will be published on GOV.UK and available via www.gov.uk/cap-reform as schemes are finalised.