Blood pressure measurement devices
- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
- Part of:
- Medical devices: safety guidance and Patient safety
- First published:
- 1 December 2013
Guidance for healthcare professionals on the use and management of blood pressure management devices.
PDF, 3.21MB, 16 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This document reviews:
- the advantages and disadvantages of mercury
- electronic manual sphygmomanometers
- automated blood pressure measuring devices
This should help to ensure the most appropriate technology is selected for use.
The topics covered are:
- types of blood pressure measurement equipment
- sources of error and other issues
- purchase, training and maintenance
Published: 1 December 2013