- Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency
- Part of:
- Medical devices: safety guidance and Patient safety
- 4 December 2013
Guidance on managing and using bed rails safely.
PDF, 1.85MB, 30 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
This Medicines and Healthcare Products Regualtory Agency guidance is aimed at:
- MHRA liaison officers (for onward distribution)
- nurses in hospitals and the community
- occupational therapists
- care home managers and staff
- hospice managers and staff
- carers in the community and care-at-home staff
- community equipment stores (CES) and loan store managers
- those responsible for purchasing beds and bed rails
- maintenance staff
- health and safety managers
- risk managers
The main issues covered are:
*risk management * purchase * maintenance * legislation * adverse incidents
Published: 4 December 2013