Become a registered trader

To import controlled timber, you or your agent or broker must be registered with the Forestry Commission as an approved forestry trader.



Read Forestry Commission guidance on trading in timber and timber products before you apply to become a registered trader.

Notes on submitting the form

Make sure your application is received by us as soon as possible and, in any event, before you begin to trade in any of the material mentioned in this form.

Keep a record of the information you entered on this form.

Remember to sign and date the back page.

You can also request an application pack or further information by emailing, or calling 0300 067 5155.

Post your application form to:

Forestry Commission
Plant Health Service
Silvan House
231 Corstorphine Road
EH12 7AT

Payment options

If you import regulated wood material and are registered with the Forestry Commission to do so, you can apply for a credit account.

Published 26 September 2018