Apply to register temporary use of land to keep livestock

Apply for a Temporary Land Association (TLA) or temporary County Parish Holding Number (tCPH) to keep livestock on land temporarily.


Application to register temporary use of land to keep livestock

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Coronavirus (COVID-19): send application by email

If possible, you should send any applications by email to as staff may not be able to collect post during the coronavirus outbreak.

Please apply in advance to avoid delay – APHA is dealing with a high volume of applications.

If you intend to use land in England temporarily to keep livestock, you should apply for a Temporary Land Association (TLA) or a temporary County Parish Holding (tCPH) number.

Read the guidance notes and the rules in the Appendix before filling in the form.

Published 22 August 2016
Last updated 29 April 2021 + show all updates
  1. Updated the forms with a new office location.

  2. Added coronavirus statement on sending application by email.

  3. Updated form

  4. Updated form

  5. Added an updated version of the form.

  6. Revised version of form uploaded (Rev 01/17) - minor enhancements to the form in response to customer and operational feedback.

  7. Minor update of the form.

  8. First published.