Form COP1E: Apply to make decisions on someone's behalf (supporting information)

Use Form COP1E to give supporting information as an existing deputy or attorney as part of a Court of Protection order.


Annex E - Supporting information for an application by existing deputy or attorney

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Read the guidance notes in the form before you fill it in.

Also fill in Form COP24: Give a witness statement about a person who lacks capacity if the court tells you to.

Find out more about the Court of Protection.

Check court and tribunal fees and find out if you can get help with fees.

Find more court and tribunal forms by category.

Find out how HM Courts and Tribunals Service uses personal information you give when you fill in a form.

Published 1 July 2015