Form COP1A: Apply to make decisions on someone's behalf (property and finance)

Use Form COP1A to describe the property and finance decisions you need to make for someone when you're applying for a Court of Protection order.


Annex A - Supporting information for property and affairs applications

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.

If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Read the guidance in the form before you fill it in. Submit it with Form COP1: Apply to make decisions on someone’s behalf.

Read more about making decisions on behalf of someone, including the forms you need to fill in when you apply to be a deputy.

Find out more about the Court of Protection.

Check court and tribunal fees and find out if you can get help with fees.

Find more court and tribunal forms by category.

Find out how HM Courts and Tribunals Service uses personal information you give when you fill in a form.

Published 1 July 2015