Form COP1: Apply to make decisions on someone's behalf

Use this form to apply for a Court of Protection order, which allows people to make financial and welfare decisions for someone else.


Ffurflen gais

This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology.

Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.


Read the guidance notes at the bottom of the form before you fill it in.

Read more about making decisions on behalf of someone, including the forms you need to fill in when you apply to be a deputy.

Find more court and tribunal forms by category.

Find out how HM Courts and Tribunals Service uses personal information you give when you fill in a form.

Published 1 December 2017