This commissioning support pack will help commissioners and local authorities develop joint strategic needs assessment and health and wellbeing strategies to reduce the harm caused by smoking, drinking, substance use and misuse in both adults and children.
The pack covers planning for:
- alcohol harm prevention, treatment and recovery in adults
- drugs prevention, treatment and recovery in adults
- comprehensive interventions for young people
- comprehensive local smoking and tobacco control interventions
For each of these topics, there are:
- a set of good practice principles and indicators to help local areas assess need and plan and commission effective services and interventions
- bespoke data for each local area to help them commission effective services and interventions
You can download the support pack documents. These data packs are examples without data. PHE centre teams send bespoke data packs directly to local areas, but copies of these will be available from ndtms.net (login required) from November 2017.