The monthly bulletin is a compilation of AAIB reports.
PDF, 2.24MB, 78 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
October Bulletin 10/2016
Summaries of Aircraft Accident Reports
This section contains summaries of Aircraft Accident (‘Formal’) Reports published since the last AAIB monthly bulletin.
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed wing
- Beech B200 Super King Air (G-BYCP), descent into terrain following departure from Stapleford Aerodrome, Essex, 3 October 2015
- Boeing 747-436 (G-CIVX), landing gear lever jammed in the ‘UP’ detent after takeoff due to a maintenance error, 30 January 2016
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
- Bell 206B (G-OAMI), uncommanded loss in altitude resulting in autorotation and heavy landing, 3 miles WNW of Wycombe Air Park, Buckinghamshire, 10 February 2016
- DH82A Tiger Moth (G-AMCK), badly damaged in a forced landing in a field near Sidmouth, Devon on 13 May 2016
- Miles M38 Messenger 4B (G-AKVZ), loss of directional control during crosswind takeoff, Biggin Hill Airport, Kent, 19 July 2016
- Pioneer 300 (G-VOLO), NLG collapse on landing at Sutton Bank Airfield, Yorkshire on 24 April 2016
- Piper PA-28-161 (G-BNXE), runway overrun at Sturgate Airfield, Lincolnshire, 19 April 2016
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- EV-97 Teameurostar UK (G-SHMI), runway undershoot, Croft Farm Airfield, Defford, Worcestershire, 25 June 2016
- Ikarus C42 FB80 (G-SFLA), collision with obstacle during go-around, Lower Upham Airfield, Hampshire, 13 May 2016
- Pegasus Quantum 15-912 (G-BZYN), departed runway and tipped over during landing roll, Sandy Airfield, Bedfordshire, 15 May 2016
- Pegasus Quik (G-CCOW), loss of control during takeoff, Atheys Airfield, Northumberland, 31 July 2016
- Pegasus Quik (G-OKEM), runway excursion on landing, Culbokie Airfield, Ross and Cromarty, 20 June 2016
- Rans S6-ESD (G-MYGP), MLG leg detached during forced landing at North Moor Airfield, Lincolnshire on 3 April 2016
- Savannah VG Jabiru(1) (G-SAVY), precautionary field landing following elevator tab vibration, 2 nm southwest of Mablethorpe, Lincolnshire, 8 May 2016
- Tiger Cub 440 (G-MMIH), engine power loss and forced landing, Crosland Heath Golf Club, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, 5 June 2016
- X’air Hawk (G-CEON), loss of control on takeoff, Strathaven Airfield, Lanarkshire, 10 April 2016