October Bulletin 10/2014
Special Bulletins / Interim Reports
This section contains Special Bulletins and Interim Reports that have been published since the last AAIB monthly bulletin.
Summaries of Aircraft Accident Reports
This section contains summaries of Aircraft Accident (‘Formal’) Reports published since the last AAIB monthly bulletin.
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed wing
- Bombardier BD-700-1A10 Global 6000 (EC-LTF), right wing touched runway while landing, Prestwick Airport, Scotland 6 March 2014
- Boeing 737-300 (VP-CKY), near runway overrun, Owen Roberts International Airport, Grand Cayman, 15 January 2014
- Boeing 757-236 (G-TCBC), Mishandled go-around at Newcastle Airport, and subsequent diversion to Manchester Airport, 17 August 2013
- Pilatus Britten-Norman BN2B-21 Islander (G-CIAS), forced landing following loss of power on both engines, north of Jersey Airport, Channel Islands, 3 November 2013
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed wing
General Aviation - Fixed wing
- Avions Pierre Robin (G-BLWF), loss of control on engine start, Bourn Airfield, Cambridgeshire, 26 July 2014
- Cessna A185E (SE-FMX), loss of control on landing, Bentwaters Aerodrome, 5 April 2014
- DH82A Tiger Moth (G-ANHK), collision with crops on takeoff, near Hampstead Norreys, Berkshire, 7 June 2014
- Enstrom 280C (G-IDUP), main rotor blades struck the refuelling kiosk at Northampton/Sywell Aerodrome, Northamptonshire on 3 June 2014
- Europa (G-BXFG), landing gear retracted on landing, Eaglescott Airfield, Devon, 14 June 2014
- Europa XS (G-FIZY), left door detached in flight, Tangley, Hampshire, 30 June 2014
- Luscombe 8E (G-AGMI), aborted takeoff due to a blocked pitot tube, private airstrip near Albourne, West Sussex, 23 July 2014
- Piper PA-18-150 (G-ARAN), inverted on landing, Northrepps Airfield, Norfolk, 26 July 2014
- Piper PA-18-150 (G-OOMF), damaged during forced landing, near Wellesbourne Mountford Airfield, 2 June 2014
- Piper PA-28-180 (G-ASIL), bounced landing and nose gear collapse at Wolverhampton Airport on 2 July 2014
- Piper PA-28R-201T (G-BEOH), power loss after takeoff resulting in tree strikes, Gloucestershire Airport, 21 July 2014
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- EV-97 TeamEurostar UK (G-CDNI), left main landing gear collapsed following hard landing, at Cranfield Airport, Bedfordshire, on 26 June 2014
- Ikarus C42 FB80 (G-DCDO), damaged nose gear from bounced landing at Dunkeswell Airport on 2 July 2014
- Mainair Rapier (G-MZNU), engine failure and forced landing, Lansil Golf Course, 22 June 2014
- P&M Aviation Quick GTR (G-MABL), loss of control on take off, Farway Common Airfield, Devon, 26 May 2014
- Pegasus Quantum 15 (G-MYZK), loss of directional control on landing, near Wheatley Hill, Co Durham, 1 August 2014
- Pegasus Quik (G-CEMZ), nosewheel failure and loss of control on landing, Hunsdon Airfield, Hertfordshire, 29 June 2014
- Thruster T600N 450 (G-SLAK), inverted following rejected takeoff at Wing Farm, Wiltshire on 19 June 2014
This section contains Addenda, Corrections and a list of the ten most recent Air Accident reports published by the AAIB.