AAIB investigation to Luscombe 8E Silvaire Deluxe, G-AGMI
- Air Accidents Investigation Branch
- 10 December 2014
- Date of occurrence:
- 23 July 2014
- Aircraft category:
- General aviation - fixed wing
- Report type:
- Bulletin - Correspondence investigation
- Aircraft type:
- Luscombe 8E Silvaire Deluxe
- Private airstrip near Albourne, West Sussex
Aborted takeoff due to a blocked pitot tube, private airstrip near Albourne, West Sussex, 23 July 2014.
During takeoff a hinged cover on the aircraft’s pitot probe, designed to deflect under air loads, did not operate correctly, giving erroneous airspeed indications. The pilot abandoned the takeoff but the aircraft overran the grass strip and collided at very low speed with a hangar.
Published: 10 December 2014
Date of occurrence: 23 July 2014