Air accident monthly bulletin February 2016
The monthly bulletin is a compilation of AAIB reports.
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email email@example.com. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
February Bulletin 2/2016
Special Bulletins / Interim Reports
This section contains Special Bulletins and Interim Reports that have been published since the last AAIB monthly bulletin.
- Hawker Hunter (G-BXFI), crashed onto public road during air display, near Shoreham Airport, 22 August 2015 – investigation update
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed wing
- Airbus A320-232 (G-EUYE), in-flight fumes event, 90 nm south-east of London Heathrow Airport, 27 July 2015
- Raytheon 390 (G-OOMC); runway excursion after landing; Blackpool Airport; 12 March 2015
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
- Aeronca C3 (G-AEFT), forced landing following propeller detachment, near Polzeath, Cornwall on 14 October 2015
- Cessna 172S (G-MEGS), heavy landing, Perranporth Airfield, Cornwall, 16 May 2015
- Cirrus SR22 (N124CP), loss of control on landing, Great Massingham Airfield, 5 September 2015
- Minicab (JB01 Standard) (G-ATPV), pilot struck by propeller while hand-starting, Fenland Airfield, Lincolnshire, 18 April 2015
- Mooney M20K (G-BYEE), runway excursion and collision with a fence post, Caernarfon Airport, Gwynedd, 4 October 2015
- Piper PA-28-161 (G-MSFT), struck a parked aircraft whilst taxiing at Compton Abbas on 22 November 2015
- Piper PA-28-161 (G-COVB), uncontrolled descent into ground contact, Shotteswell Airfield, Warwickshire, 23 February 2015
- Piper PA-38-112 (G-BWNU), struck a runway light while landing, Cotswold Airport, Gloucestershire, 29 August 2015
- Reims Cessna F152 (G-BLZH), loss of control on landing, Wolverhampton Halfpenny Green Airport, West Midlands, 16 August 2015
- RL7A XP Sherwood Ranger (G-CHHD), right main wheel failure, at Druridge Bay Airfield, Northumberland, 16 August 2015
- Robinson R22 Beta (G-DEFY), dynamic rollover, Elstree Aerodrome, Hertfordshire, 25 September 2015
- Robinson R22 Beta (G-TIMH), heavy landing, Nottingham Heliport, 13 September 2015
- Robinson R66 (G-LROK), dynamic rollover during takeoff, Denham Airfield, Buckinghamshire, 12 September 2015
- Spitfire MK 26 (G-CENI), wheels-up landing following landing gear system failure, Peterborough Sibson Airport, 18 July 2015
- Tipsy Nipper T.66 Series 2 (G-NIPS), forced landing following engine failure, near West Tisted Airstrip, Hampshire, 14 July 2015
- Vans RV-9A (G-XSAM), nose landing gear collapsed after landing at Old Sarum Airfield, on 18 September 2015
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- Jabiru UL (G-RYAL), hit lamp post on approach to land, Sandtoft airfield, 31 October 2015
- Mainair Blade (G-MZLC), runway excursion on landing, Culbokie Airfield, Ross and Cromarty, 22 August 2015
- Pegasus Quik (G-XJJM), aircraft struck an electrical transmission cable while flying at low level, Burtonwood near Newton-le-Willows, Cheshire, 23 July 2015
This section contains Addenda, Corrections and a list of the ten most recent Air Accident reports published by the AAIB. * Pegasus Quantum 15 (G-MZJH), struck the ground during approach, Drayton Home Farm, Northamptonshire, 19 September 2015 - Correction