- Air Accidents Investigation Branch
- 11 February 2016
- Date of occurrence:
- 18 July 2015
- Aircraft category:
- General aviation - fixed wing
- Report type:
- Bulletin - Correspondence investigation
- Aircraft type:
- Spitfire Mk 26 (80% scale replica)
- Peterborough Sibson Airport, Cambridgeshire
Wheels-up landing following landing gear system failure, Peterborough Sibson Airport, 18 July 2015.
While preparing for landing, the pilot was unable to extend the left landing gear. After a number of attempts to rectify the situation, the pilot made a successful ‘wheels-up’ landing. Investigation indicated that the difficulty in extending the gear had been due to a combination of a stuck microswitch and a slightly bent gear leg.
Download glossary of abbreviations:
Published: 11 February 2016
Date of occurrence: 18 July 2015