- Air Accidents Investigation Branch
- 11 February 2016
- Date of occurrence:
- 23 February 2015
- Aircraft category:
- General aviation - fixed wing
- Report type:
- Bulletin - Correspondence investigation
- Aircraft type:
- Piper PA-28-161 Cherokee Warrior III
- Shotteswell Airfield, Warwickshire
Uncontrolled descent into ground contact, Shotteswell Airfield, Warwickshire, 23 February 2015.
The aircraft was flying a practice forced landing to a grass airstrip with the intention of performing a go-around. At about 500 ft, the aircraft encountered severe turbulence in a strong crosswind. The handling pilot was unable to arrest a rapid descent and the aircraft struck the ground adjacent to the airstrip.
Download glossary of abbreviations:
Published: 11 February 2016
Date of occurrence: 23 February 2015