Air accident monthly bulletin August 2015
The monthly bulletin is a compilation of AAIB reports.
PDF, 1.52MB, 74 pages
This file may not be suitable for users of assistive technology. Request an accessible format.
If you use assistive technology (such as a screen reader) and need a version of this document in a more accessible format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
August Bulletin 8/2014
Summaries of Aircraft Accident Reports
This section contains summaries of Aircraft Accident (‘Formal’) Reports published since the last AAIB monthly bulletin.
- AAR 1/2015 - Airbus A319-131 (G-EUOE), No 1 and 2 engine fan cowl doors detached during takeoff, London Heathrow Airport, 24 May 2013
AAIB Field Investigations
A field investigation is an independent investigation in which AAIB investigators collect, record and analyse evidence.
The process may include, attending the scene of the accident or serious incident; interviewing witnesses; reviewing documents, procedures and practices; examining aircraft wreckage or components; and analysing recorded data.
The investigation, which can take a number of months to complete, will conclude with a published report.
Commercial Air Transport - Fixed wing
- Boeing 737 (G-GDFT), smoke in cabin/cockpit and emergency evacuation, East Midlands Airport, 3 September 2014
- Boeing 757-3CQ (G-JMAB), deployment of right over-wing slide in flight, London TMA, 31 October 2014
AAIB Correspondence Investigations
These are reports on accidents and incidents which were not subject to a Field Investigation.
They are wholly, or largely, based on information provided by the aircraft commander in an Aircraft Accident Report Form (AARF) and in some cases additional information from other sources.
The accuracy of the information provided cannot be assured.
Commercial Air Transport
- A330-323 (N273AY), aircraft collided with airbridge, Stand 325 at London Heathrow Airport, 5 February 2015
- Boeing 777-236 (G-RAES), air turnback due to flight crew feeling unwell, north of Glasgow on 6 March 2015
- Cessna 182F (G-WARP) and Grumman AA-5 (G-BBSA), ground collision, Ronaldsway airport on the Isle of Man, 12 June 2015
- Cessna F172E (G-ASNW), operation with towbar attached, Draycot Aerodrome, 27 March 2015
- Cessna U206G (G-CCSN), engine failure and forced landing at Strathallan Airfield, Perthshire, on 13 May 2015
- Glastar (G-GERY), loss of control during takeoff, Hollym Airfield, Yorkshire, 21 March 2015
- Luscombe 8A (G-BVGW), loss of control on approach, Shifnal Airfield, Shropshire, 22 March 2015
- Skyraider Aviation Phantom (G- MJTZ), damage to landing gear following forced landing, approximately 2 nm southeast of Newport, Isle of Wight, 21 June 2014
- XA42 (G-XTME), canopy detached in flight, White Waltham, 10 June 2015
Sport Aviation / Balloons
- Flight Design CT2K (G-CCNG), heavy landing at North Coates Airfield on 23 May 2015
- Fournier RF4D (G-BHJN), heavy landing at Enstone Airfield on 17 April 2015
- Kolb Twinstar MkIII (G-MZGJ), forced landing after control restriction near Otherton Airfield on 10 March 2015
- Montgomerie-Bensen B8MR (G-CBNX), overran runway following rejected takeoff, private airstrip, Reading, 4 May 2015
- Rans S6-ES (G-TIVS), Engine failure (suspected Carb Ice) misjudged the forced Landing, Corfe, Somerset, 13 April 2015