Findings from the Focus on Enforcement review of regulatory enforcement in the adult care homes sector.
Focus on Enforcement asks the public to help identify where regulation can be improved, reduced or done differently in specific areas. This review examined businesses that are required to register with the Care Quality Commission (CQC), because they carry out regulated activity ie providing accommodation for people who require nursing or personal care.
We asked for views and experiences on:
- duplication, complaint handling and frequency of inspections
- co-ordination between CQC and commissioners
- inconsistency of enforcement
- complaint handling and frequency of inspections
This review involved discussions with a range of stakeholders including:
- care and nursing home providers and their representative associations
- local authorities and their representative associations
- bodies representing residents