This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
How the government is making the water industry more efficient and better at meeting the needs of their customers.
Published: 9 April 2013
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Updated the retail exits section to reflect new consultation, December progress report and new factsheet.
- Updated to include retail exits progress.
- Updated to reflect Royal Assent to the Water Act 2014 on 14 May 2014.
- Updated text on abstraction reform proposals consultation which closed in March 2014.
- Updated to include Environment Agency's role in this topic.
- Updated to reflect new consultation on water abstraction.
- Added reference to commentary on flooding amendments
- Added infromation about charging principles.
- Added information about the measures included in the Water Bill, plus links to briefing notes and key documents.
- Added link to water stress area classification 2013.
- Amended to reflect publication of water bill.
- Added link to latest consultation
- First published.