2010 to 2015 government policy: social action
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Enouraging social action by making it easier for people to volunteer, to donate to charity and to help improve their local community.
Published: 20 February 2013
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Updated with latest information.
- Latest updates added.
- Updated to reflect change.
- Detail added: Recognising and rewarding social action
- Added latest updates.
- Review of the Dormant Bank and Building Society Accounts Act 2008 published. Details added to Big Society Capital page.
- Updated information on the dormant bank accounts review - to reflect the closure of email contributions.
- Added information on how to contribute to a review of the legislation covering money transferred to Big Society Capital from dormant accounts.
- Link added to government response to consultation on payroll giving in 'Increasing donations to charity' section.
- Brought Actions up to date and added information about Big Society Capital
- Updated actions to include National Citizen Service
- First published.