This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
Reducing road accidents through improved enforcement, education, infrastructure and innovation.
Published: 3 October 2012
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Added drug driving guidance for healthcare professionals.
- Added information about the decision to remove the option to take a theory or practical driving test in a foreign language.
- Updated the action 'Training and assessment of instructors' to include information about the government consulting on making changes to how people qualify to become and approved driving instructor.
- Added information about new checks for approved driving instructors from April 2014 to the action 'Training and assessment of instructors'
- Change on the 19th to "came into effect"
- First published.