This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
What the government is doing to protect the marine environment and biodiversity through planning, regulation, science and research.
Published: 9 April 2013
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Updated to include what we are doing to protect sharks, dolphins, seabirds and skates.
- Updated to include links to current consultations on Marine Strategy Framework Directive and Marine Conservation Zones.
- Added link to the latest consultation on marine licensing.
- Protecting the seas from pollution and simplifying marine regulations sections updated.
- Updated as MSFD strategy part 2 has now been published.
- Updated to show that east inshore and offshore marine plans have now been published.
- Updated to reflect new consultation on proposals for the second part of the marine strategy framework directive.
- Added a new supporting page on marine protected areas and minor amendments to legislation list.
- Added delegated marine plan functions details.
- First published.