This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
What the government is doing to reduce anti-competitive activities.
Published: 12 December 2012
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Explained that government is responding to a white paper about the reform of how the European Commission regime regulates and investigates mergers.
- Updated the detail page 'Groceries Code Adjudicator' to reflect the GCA's formal creation on 25 June 2013.
- The government has appointed Christine Tacon as the Groceries Code Adjudicator. New press release 21 January 2013.
- Added sentence "We've produced a guide to the competition regime..." under Actions/Changing competition law. Linked to specialist guide.
- Re-tagged for business & enterprise (previously consumer issues).
- First published.