2010 to 2015 government policy: animal welfare
This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
How the government is working to protect animal welfare through legislation, guidance and enforcement.
Published: 9 April 2013
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Updated to reflect the new law which was made in February 2015.
- Minor changes to update information on dangerous dogs.
- Added links to 'Dangerous dogs' and 'Dog microchipping' policy supporting detail.
- Amendment to the wild animals in travelling circuses supporting page to reflect EFRA report published.
- Amended link to circus animals IA
- Added link to impact assessment from circus animals page
- Added link to the draft wild animals in circuses bill
- First published.