This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
How the government is working to protect animal welfare through legislation, guidance and enforcement.
Published: 9 April 2013
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Updated to reflect the new law which was made in February 2015.
- Minor changes to update information on dangerous dogs.
- Added links to 'Dangerous dogs' and 'Dog microchipping' policy supporting detail.
- Amendment to the wild animals in travelling circuses supporting page to reflect EFRA report published.
- Amended link to circus animals IA
- Added link to impact assessment from circus animals page
- Added link to the draft wild animals in circuses bill
- First published.