This was published under the 2010 to 2015 Conservative and Liberal Democrat coalition government
How the government is protecting and improving people's access to the countryside and coastal areas, and protecting English landscapes and inland waterways.
Published: 9 April 2013
Updated: 8 May 2015
- Policy document from the 2010 to 2015 government preserved in a different format for reference
- Updated to include changes to how national park authorities can appoint members as announced in Queen's speech.
- Updated the Responsibility for managing inland waterways section
- Amended town and village greens section in Actions to reflect new legislation coming into effect from today (1 October).
- Updated funding the canal and river trust to reflect appointment of the protector.
- Updated with latest position on transfer of Environment Agency Navigations to CRT.
- Added in link to impact assessment on canal and river trust page
- Amended Canal & River Trust name and removed Town and Village green policy text
- Added documents under key publications
- First published.