UK Trade & Investment was replaced by Department for International Trade in July 2016.
UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) helps businesses export and grow into global markets. We also help overseas companies locate and grow in the UK.
Our services are provided in over 100 markets throughout the world. They are delivered by:
- over 1,200 staff outside the UK
- around 500 staff in our London and Glasgow headquarters
- around 400 staff based in the English regions
We are passionate about what we do. That’s why we constantly review our services in light of customer feedback and the impact they offer, which means they’ll vary from time to time.
Export services for UK businesses
We provide access to a regional network of international trade specialists across the UK which:
- help businesses acquire the skills, contacts and confidence to start exporting or to break into new markets
- work closely with our global network of UKTI advisers, to ensure UK businesses are given the best advice about exporting to their chosen destinations
We also offer programmes for:
- high value opportunities, to help businesses win large projects overseas
- e-exporting, to help retailers and brands to sell their products online
- tradeshow access, providing grants to eligible businesses so they can attend overseas events
- overseas market introductions, offering tailored research from our network of overseas experts
- bidding for international aid agency projects
Other support for exporters
You can find sources of support for exporters from Exporting is GREAT. First time exporters may be interested to:
- draw up an export plan using Open to Export, a free advice service for exporters
- find out about ways to finance exporting from UK Export Finance
Investment services for non-UK businesses
Read more about the help UKTI can give to businesses considering setting-up in the UK
Our global team of UKTI staff based in British Embassies, High Commissions or Consulates help overseas companies to locate or invest in the UK. This international network:
- identifies market opportunities in the UK and Europe
- provides advice on setting up in the UK (covering tax, employment, marketing, visas)
- identifies ideal events and networking opportunities with British suppliers
We also provides specialist help for entrepreneurs, and ongoing support to help companies grow their business after setting up in the UK.
Other support for UK investors
We provide access to a network of local support for UK inward investors who can help companies set up in the UK.
Enquiries for overseas companies looking to set up in the UK
International buyers of UK goods and services
We connect overseas businesses with the right UK partners and suppliers through meet-the-buyer events, networking receptions, and product launches.
We also match UK businesses about partnership opportunities through our free matching service.