Coal Authority Board
The board sets the Coal Authority’s strategy and monitors performance. Its members are appointed by the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
It’s responsible for:
- making strategic decisions
- managing relationships with stakeholders
- evaluating the current strategy and improving it
Our next board meeting in public
We’ll discuss our latest business and operational work in England at our meeting at The County Hotel, Newcastle, on Friday, 24 March, 2023.
Our board meets at least 6 times a year and some of these meetings are held in public. Here are the minutes from those meetings.
Other meeting papers and minutes from 2010 to 2012 are on the Coal Authority’s archived pages.
Members of the board are appointed by the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
Coal Authority Executive Leadership Team
The executive leadership team is responsible for the day-to-day running of the authority. They meet weekly to talk about what the authority wants to do, how they can do it and how quickly.
The team is made up of the authority’s executive directors.
Its members are:
- Lisa Pinney, Chief Executive and Accounting Officer
- Paul Frammingham, Chief Finance and Information Officer
- Carl Banton, Operations Director
- Richard Bond, Innovation and Engagement Director
- James Lowth, People and Resources Director
- Julia Draycon, Community and Emergency Response Director
Coal Authority Audit and Risk Assurance Committee
The audit and risk assurance committee works to make sure the authority’s risks are properly managed.
They meet at least 4 times a year and are responsible for reviewing the Coal Authority’s:
- risk management
- main policies
- annual report and accounts
- external audit results
The members of the committee are:
- Jayne Scott, Chair
- Steve Wilson
- David Brooks