Coal Authority Board
The board sets the Coal Authority’s strategy and monitors performance. Its members are appointed by the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
It’s responsible for:
- making strategic decisions
- managing relationships with stakeholders
- evaluating the current strategy and improving it
Latest board meeting
The board meets at least 6 times a year.
Minutes are available from each meeting:
Other meeting papers and meeting minutes from 2010 to 2012 are on the Coal Authority’s archived pages.
Members of the board are appointed by the Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
Coal Authority Executive Leadership Team
The executive leadership team is responsible for the day-to-day running of the authority. They meet weekly to talk about what the authority wants to do, how they can do it and how quickly.
The team is made up of the authority’s executive directors.
Its members are:
- Lisa Pinney, Chief Executive and Accounting Officer
- Paul Frammingham, Chief Finance and Information Officer
- Carl Banton, Operations Director
- Richard Bond, Commercial Director
- James Lowth, Strategy and Performance Director
Coal Authority Audit Committee
The audit committee works to make sure the authority’s risks are properly managed.
They meet at least 4 times a year and are responsible for reviewing the Coal Authority’s:
- risk management
- main policies
- annual report and accounts
- external audit results
The members of the audit committee are:
- Jayne Scott, Chair
- Steve Wilson
- Gemma Pearce