Complaints procedure

How to make a complaint about the National Measurement Office’s service.

Complaints about enforcing weights and measures should be dealt with by your local Trading Standards office.

The Citizens Advice consumer service provides free, confidential and impartial advice on consumer issues.

Complaints about electricity or gas billing should be dealt with by the Energy Ombudsman or the Citizens Advice Bureau.

How to complain

We deal directly with complaints about our service. Write your complaint clearly and simply, including dates and any other details and send it to the business team managers, the quality manager, or the chief executive.


Telephone: 020 8943 7272

Fax: 020 8943 7270

National Measurement Office
Customer services
Stanton Avenue
TW11 0JZ

What happens next

We will acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days. We will investigate and provide a full response within 10 working days. If this isn’t possible, we will explain why and give you a date when you can expect a full reply. If you’re not happy with the result of the investigation, you can complain to the Parliamentary and Health Services Ombudsman.

Full complaints policy

For further details you can read the NMO’s customer charter.