Charities and Community Amateur Sports Clubs

Beta This part of GOV.UK is being rebuilt – find out what this means

Online forms

Your message using these forms is secure. If HMRC reply by email the information is not secure. If they need to contact you about anything confidential, they will reply by post or telephone.


  • Telephone: 0300 123 1073

Phone HMRC to order ChR1 forms and continuation sheets and get advice on:

  • applying for recognition as a charity for tax and Gift Aid purposes
  • VAT reliefs for charities
  • VAT reliefs for disabled and older people
  • registering as a Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC)
  • completing a Company or Trust Tax Return
  • Gift Aid, Payroll Giving and making a repayment claim

Find out about call charges

Opening times:

8am to 5pm Monday to Friday

Closed weekends and bank holidays

Please select option 1 if your enquiry is about VAT reliefs for disabled and older people.


HM Revenue and Customs - Charities Correspondence S0708

PO Box 205 Bootle L69 9AZ United Kingdom

Help us improve GOV.UK

Don’t include personal or financial information, eg your National Insurance number or credit card details.