This is the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills (BIS) publication scheme, drawn up under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. The purpose of this publication scheme is to set out:
- classes of information we commit to publish as a matter of course
- how this information will be published
- whether the information is available free of charge or on payment
The publication scheme fulfils the requirements of the Information Commissioner as set out in his model publication scheme for FOI public authorities supported by the Commissioner’s definition document for government departments.
The BIS publication scheme includes the publication scheme of UK Trade & Investment.
About this publication scheme
Unless otherwise specified in this scheme:
- the classes of information we commit to publishing under this scheme are published on the Department’s website and where stated
- while the overwhelming majority of information published by BIS is published free of charge, charges apply in some circumstances. Where a charge is applied for information, this is indicated in the listing of specific publications or on request from the appropriate contact for hard copies.
Format and languages
If you would like information in an alternative format, we will take reasonable steps to make the material available. The department does not routinely publish its documents in languages other than English and certain documents in Welsh.
Who we are and what we do
What we spend and how we spend it
What our priorities are and how we are doing
How we make decisions
Our policies and procedures
Lists and registers
The services we offer
Open Data and Datasets
The BIS Open Data Strategy sets out the context and background to our drive to greater transparency and open data.
Datasets published by BIS can be found on data.gov.uk
If you cannot find what you want through this scheme, or otherwise on our website, you may make a request to us under the FOI Act or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR).
If you would like to request information under the FOI Act or EIR please email your request to email@example.com
Alternatively you can write to us at:
Information Rights Unit
Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
1 Victoria Street,
London SW1H OET
Please be specific about the information you want, as this will help us to find it for you.
Feedback and complaints about the scheme
We want our publication scheme to meet the needs of our customers and stakeholders. Suggestions for particular classes of information to which we might in future commit to publishing under the scheme will be welcomed. Any comments on or complaints about the scheme should be sent to the Information Rights Unit at the contact details above.