We currently handle up to 40,000 applications for compensation each year, paying out up to £200 million to victims of violent crime.
Who we are
CICA’s office is in the centre of Glasgow and employs over 300 staff.
The government’s Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme sets the criteria and amounts for compensation. We run the scheme throughout England and Wales, and in Scotland.
We also run a compensation scheme for UK victims of overseas incidents that are recognised as terrorism by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office
Our priorities for 2014 to 2017 are to:
- process applications as quickly as possible while investigating claims fairly
- treat applicants with sensitivity and courtesy at all times
- help people understand the service better and keep applicants informed
- work more effectively with other organisations, such as the police, to prevent delays in the service
- be more accountable for the service and the public funds we spend
- offer equality of opportunity for all applicants
We want to provide a compassionate, efficient and fair service to blameless victims of violent crime.
CICA’s Customer Charter explains what you can expect from us and what we expect of you.