The Animal and Plant Health Agency (APHA) will be exhibiting at a number of livestock, agricultural, horticultural, bee and veterinary shows in 2019.
APHA Veterinary staff will be attending the following livestock industry and agricultural shows:
These shows are an important way for us to meet livestock keepers and answer questions on their animal health and welfare concerns. We can also raise awareness of current disease threats, for example from African Swine Fever, and discuss our Surveillance services and Field Operation work to help vets to detect, diagnose and control both endemic and exotic diseases in livestock.
Anyone can sign up for free disease alerts for exotic diseases.
APHA will be exhibiting at the London Vet Show on 14 and 15 November at the Excel Centre in east London. We attend this annual event, alongside our colleagues from the Veterinary Medicines Directorate, to raise awareness of the veterinary and para-veterinary careers across the Government Veterinary Services network. We also talk to attendees about the range of APHA surveillance, diagnostic and veterinary services.
The APHA Plant Health and Seeds Inspectorate will be attending a wide range of plant/horticulture industry shows to raise awareness of new and emerging plant health threats, changes to legislation and biosecurity best practice.
The shows are as follows:
- 12 - 14 April 2019: RHS Cardiff Flower Show Bute Gardens, Cardiff
- 5 - 7 June 2019: Fresh Produce Show Grosvenor House in London
- 5 - 9 June 2019: RHS Chatsworth Flower Show Chatsworth House, Derbyshire
- 18 - 19 June 2019: HTA National Plant Show Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire
- 17 July 2019: Fruit Focus East Malling Research, Kent
- 22 - 25 July 2019: Royal Welsh Show (in the Horticulture Pavilion) Builth Wells, Wales
- 31 July-4 August 2019: RHS Hyde Hall Flower Show RHS Hyde Hall Chelmsford, Essex
- 16 - 18 August 2019: RHS Rosemoor RHS Rosemoor, Torrington, Devon
- 3 - 4 September 2019: Four Oaks Trade Show Macclesfield, Cheshire
- 2 October 2019: South West Growers Show Matford Centre, Exeter, Devon
- 16 - 17 October 2019: Aquatics Trade Show Telford International Centre
- 7 November 2019: GroSouth Horticultural Exhibition Roundstone Nurseries, Chichester, West Sussex.
- 19 November 2019: Futurescape Sandown Park racecourse, Surrey
- 20 - 21 November 2019: British Potato Show Yorkshire Event Centre in Harrogate
- Date and venue to be confirmed: ICL/HTA Horticultural Science Live (Palmstead)
For further information on the shows page please view the shows websites (listed above) or contact APHA Corporate Communications by email email@example.com for other enquiries.