The Prime Minister has announced senior government appointments following the 2015 general election.
The Queen has been pleased to approve the following appointment:
- First Secretary of State (unpaid role) – Rt Hon George Osborne MP
The Prime Minister has announced that the following continue in their current offices:
- Chancellor of the Exchequer – Rt Hon George Osborne MP
- Secretary of State for the Home Department – Rt Hon Theresa May MP
- Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs – Rt Hon Philip Hammond MP
- Secretary of State for Defence – Rt Hon Michael Fallon MP
Further announcements will be made in due course.
Read Election 2015: Prime Minister and ministerial appointments for updates on ministerial appointments.