International weights and measures: Proposed changes to the technical working document for quantity of product in prepackages.
The National Measurement and Regulation Office (NMRO) is looking for any further views from the UK in relation to proposed changes to an International Organization of Legal Metrology (OIML) quantity of product in prepackages (R 87) technical working document. The UK views will then be sent to the South African secretariat of OIML TC6.
The NMRO is the UK participating member of R 87 and is responsible for collecting the UK views on proposed amendments to the technical working document for quantity of product in prepackages.
Downloadand return by 04 September 2015.
For further information please contact:
International legal metrology
Tel: 020 8943 7287
For more general information about the work of NMRO on international legal metrology then read our international guidance page.
Notes: OIML is an intergovernmental treaty organisation which:
- develops model regulations, standards and related documents for use by legal metrology authorities and industry
- provides mutual recognition systems which reduce trade barriers and costs in a global market
- represents the interests of the legal metrology community within international organizations and forums concerned with metrology, standardization, testing, certification and accreditation
- promotes and facilitates the exchange of knowledge and competencies within the legal metrology community worldwide
- cooperates with other metrology bodies to raise awareness of the contribution that a sound legal metrology infrastructure can make to a modern economy